Sunday, 19 September 2010

Chanterelle Season!

I was not overly motivated to get out on the water this weekend, but I did take two long walks between rain showers and saw lots of mushrooms, including hundreds of Fircone cap -- that funky little mushroom that grows out of fir cones littered on the forest floor.

Of the edible kind I saw a few Rosy Gomphidius, some puffballs, and happily some Pacific Golden Chanterelles. Of the non edible variety I was fortunate to see what I believe was Clustered collybia along with some very large Rosy Russulas and some very badly mangled Wooly Chanterelles.

From Mushroom Hunt -- September 18, 2010
To view a video of the habitat I found these in, and some more photos, see the album here:

Mushroom Hunt -- September 18, 2010


  1. Great picture. I have seen some great mushrooms while fishing lately. This is my first time on your blog. It is very nice!

    The Average Joe Fisherman

  2. just found your blog, what an awesome idea. I can't wait to read through all your posts. Used to live there and going back soon!